Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
Anyone with any common sense who's looking to spend $2,700 on an ultralite rifle isn't going to be looking at a Savage. For that kind of money you can get a Browning X-Bolt Mountain Pro SPR, a Christiansen Arms Ridgeline FFT, a Kimber Mountain Ascent, a Seekins Havak Element, or for just a few hundred more go the full custom route with a titanium 700-clone action, proof barrel and CF stock. The 110 action as-delivered just doesn't match up to these similarly priced options IMO. I'll throw my prediction out there now - both these rifles will be discontinued after just 2-3 years (maybe even after just 1 if they have supply issues with the European stock maker).

On another note, has anyone else notice the "carbon fiber" stock Savage shows is only CF on the buttstock and forearm while the area under the action and the grip isn't CF on both the 110 and the Impulse variants? At first I thought this middle area was HDPE the same as all the Savage synthetic stocks, but then when I looked at the high-res images from Savage's Press area I noticed on the Impulse there's a badge right on it that says the mid section is 3D printed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110-KLYM_Right_Profile_109.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	10167
(click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMPULSE-KLYM_Right_Profile_096.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	10168
(click to enlarge)

What I question is how strong the union is between the mid-section and the CF buttstock, especially at that top connection point which is pretty thin.

Oh - and in case anyone missed it, Savage is now showing a new "AccuCan" and "AccuBipod" in the slideshow on their homepage.

Noticed the same thing right away. Does look kinda flimsy. But it’s the CF that is the long part. It’s amazing how this CF can be taken & still be so strong. However, the price is even more unreasonable with the stock not being 100% CF. We’ll see if your prediction comes to fruition. Although, I’m wondering if they don’t just end up dropping the price. After all , the 110 Elite Precision is still going. I thought Savage was crazy when they made it. But people seem to be by buying them.