Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Lol! Looking for a factory Rig to what, Clover Leaf from out the box!? And not willing with put any effort into getting it there? Good Grief are you asking a lot, LOL! Well, good luck. At least you have one Savage doing what you want it to do. That’s good

I’m just wondering something, don’t take it the wrong way because I genuinely am curious. By any chance have you sent more than a couple new firearms back to the manufacturer for warranty on something were weren’t happy with, witching the first weeks or even days after purchase?
Hmm, how to reply without getting a warning....hmmm.

Love your sig line...how ironic lol.

Um, welp, let's see........I've shot about 100-150rnds out of it, with a few different bullets, different seating depths, different powders, known good loads as well as some different ones. With my experience, time as a reloader (2015-now), Small-Arms work, and time on earth, I have determined that this barrel ain't gonna choot well for me.

Now, if you would like me to spend another 300+rnds and months developing some kind of load that shoots under an inch, while the full moon is out, but only when it's 76°, on Sundays, I will send you my PayPal for the funding. I have determined she ain't worth my time. The other savage IS and has shown great, quick, always accurate groups. Hell, I blew up a clay at 1035yds cold bore with that thing.

Am I the best shot? No. Am I demanding sub moa with a $1700 retail chassis rifle and known good optics, out of the box? YES. yes I am. And that is pretty low standards IMHO. my SPR ARs shoot sub moa with $150-300 barrels. Usually .75" 3-shot groups. The least this blueprinted savage should do is match that. If that's absurd to ask for, so be it. Bolt rifles that wanna be that picky will be sold. I should note that BOTH my savages needed the ejector/extractor upgrades to not fail to eject cases anymore. Again...me having to fix issues that the factory could do is just a way of life for me it seems.

Sorry, I got the Veteran mouth. Is what it is. My words are for this specific rifle, not all savages. Also, only maybe 3 guns have gone back. A buck mark that would t run subs (it was threaded and could t shoot it suppressed), an aes-10b that was crooked and didn't function, and an FV-SR that shot 12" @50yds and savage agreed and swapped the barrel on that. All the others I fixed myself (with my small arms repair and machinist backgrounds).