Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
It comes down to understanding one’s own limitations. Those of us who build, fix & tinker, didn’t start out last week…or even a year ago. I’m 45 and I’ve been tinkering/upgrading firearms for over 20 years. I built my first firearm in 2005. For anyone looking for a built Savage and you don’t want to go to a gunsmith, look for a home builder in your area and ask! But don’t expect Savage to do anything for you!. Given some of the things they’ve done in the last few years, while continuing to ignore the same old problems for the last 60 years makes me think they lose their minds by working there.
Thanks Dave. Being 75, I have a pretty good bead on those personal limitations! I actually have done some minor work on some of my shotguns, but nothing that required equipment any more sophisticated than a screwdriver and a pair of pliers.
Anything at all approaching even somewhat complex would go to a smith.
That`s a sad commentary you make concerning Savage`s lack of responsiveness to its customers. Something we`ve discussed before. It may truly catch up with them some time in the future.