Quote Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
Posting about the integrated ring & base setup that Talley has been making for some time now. Unlike Leupold & Burris who generously post very detailed specs on their rings & mounts, Talley does not. I see that for the Encore they have centerfire and rimfire models. Does anyone know the difference? The only difference between a typical 1" rifle scope vs rimfire would be internal: parallax. Not really expecting forum members to be a reference on the Talley part of this but is there anything different about an Encore rimfire barrel itself that would affect the base? Is it standard 1" diameter at the breach like all of the others?

edit: as soon as posting I realized the title doesn't reflect that I'm asking more about the barrel but I can't edit - oh well.
The contour at the top of the barrel where the base mounts is likely the difference as far as a scope base. Here's a pic of a factory Rochester stainless Encore 22 barrel on the left with a standard Encore blued barrel on the right. I have the standard Weaver #410 base mounted on the 22 barrel. It works fine, even though the barrel is obviously flat on the mounting surface, not rounded. The standard barrel is rounded under a base, of course. That's my guess, anyway. Might want to call Warne to verify.