Quote Originally Posted by J A XSP View Post
I really like the idea of the 25 TCU but dies are rare to non-existent (or available for a ton of money and long wait for custom). The 25-45 dies are cheap and available and factory ammo is also available so there's non-reloading options when I eventually pass my stuff on to my kids. I like the idea of properly head-stamped brass, too.
This barrel is the second that Troy made up for me. He bought a SAAMI spec reamer for the first one and it was just too loose and long-throated.
Interesting to know that the 75 V-Max might work. In general, the Hornady bullets are more available and cheaper than the B-tips.
I wasn't aware that those 25-45 dies were readily available, let alone factory ammo was available, that makes total sense now. Not like going "TCU" would be a huge improvement, but if you were trying to squeak out all the bullet speed, it would give a slight edge. Certainly not enough to overcome the brass/dies situation.

Now you got me considering a 25-45...

Thanks a lot. Lol.

Forgot to add: The Hornady 75 gr Vmax has been a great bullet for me in a Roberts, AI Roberts, and now a 256 Win. However, they've been out of production for at least a year now. None of the usual online suppliers have any in stock, so no idea when they will pop up again. Hopefully soon, because my stash is almost gone (I think only a box left at this point). I'd send you some to try if they were commonly available.