BFlynn, as stated, I have been competing with a Savage in 223Rem for 2 seasons already and getting ready for a 3rd. We have 20 members in this league and I am the only one shooting a 22. Majority are shooting some form of 6mm, 1 30BR, 1 7mm08, I believe 3 308, a couple 6.5CM.. I shoot the 223 with a 69gr bullet and right now experimenting with a 60gr VMAX. I've been able to hold my own against the avg. shooters while there is a large gap between the top shooters.

I honestly feel the hold up for me has been the use of the wrong glass. What works for PRC shooting doesn't do well for what we are shooting. Personally I would not hesitate to shoot a 22-250 in this league. Which again my goal was to be shooting this Savage with a Shilen barrel chambered in 6ARC.. The ARC will compete with the 6mmBR Norma when run as a bolt rifle with the actual difference between the two when loaded with the same bullets and powder being a reduction in speed with the ARC of only about 50FPS.

So I do not know what the cost difference is between the 6ARC and the 6.5Creedmore in factory loads or even the factory 22-250.

Something else to think about. The 22-250 uses the same bolt head as the 6mmBR and I believe the same for the 6.5CM. The ARC uses the same bolt head as the 6.5Grendal.