Quote Originally Posted by Bleeb View Post
So I picked up my Ultralite 7mm PRC, inspected it, bore-scoped the barrel (looked nice), and performed the thorough cleaning and then took the buggy down to the field for the recommended barrel break-in procedure. I chrony'd the 175gr. Hornady Precision Hunter rounds throughout the process, which only ranged from 2740's to a high of 2795 fps. The box specified 3000fps - probably out of a 24 or 26" barrel, but mine weren't even in the ballpark out of the Ultralite's 22". Accuracy after 11 rounds was 1/2 MOA. To ensure that my CE M2 was still working accurately, I used the Burris ballistics tool (for my Veracity 4-20x scope) to generate a dope card using 2800fps, and dialed it in for the 600 yard plate. I fired 3-shot groups which were 1.5 MOA low. At 710, I jacked it up by 1.5 MOA . At 850, it was still 0.25 MOA low. I went through two boxes. Either the barrel needs 100 rounds to fall in, or the Hornady velocities are pie.
Every Proof carbon barrel i have owned has increased in speed a decent amount by 60 rounds and leveled off at 120 rounds. My 28 Nosler Ultralite increased 150 FPS over that time, my 300 WSM ultralite has increased 40 FPS in that time, my custom 6.5 PRC increased about 100 over that time, and i only have 30 rounds through my Proof Elevation 6.5 Creedmoor so i only have taken my baseline. Hard to say where it will end up, but i bet it will get faster.