Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
I doubt it’s cause any accuracy concern. It’s how evenly the surfaces of the Action & Action bedding are in contact that matters. Since the bedding in the Accustock is the Aluminum block, it is actually the stock. The polymer around it is more a skin at this point. I know some will disagree. (Like my fan club). And that’s fine. I know there is contingent of those who pay more homage to harmonics than I do. So it’s fair. However, shaving the Aluminum would not even be on my radar! If you think it could make a difference, bed the low spots with Epoxy as you mentioned. Just don’t sacrifice Aluminum to make way for polymer.

BTW: Whart are the accuracy issues? Have you worked up loads?

Thanks for your thoughts, my concern wasn’t about the distinction or lack there of between aluminum and plastic, more that the uneven loading could impart some inconsistent forces on the action.

Its a pretty new gun, but here is the basic story:
-first trip to the range only shot a few rounds to get on paper and put a bit of heat into the barrel.
-secound trip to the range shot a couple of 5 shot groups .5-.7MOA, worse group was .9MOA where I pulled the last shot.
-cleaned it and went to the range a third time and shot like garbage 2-2.5MOA. Same exact box’s of ammo as the previous trip.
-took home went though everything to try and find a loose fastner or something, nothing found.
-4th range time and still shoots like trash.

All factory ammo, it’s the delta between the second and third trip to the range that’s driving me up a wall.