I have loaded up 120 rounds with it so far between last night and this morning and so far I'm really liking it. Basically took it out of the box, plugged it in, let it warm up for about 10 minutes, calibrated the scale and went to town. Started off by loaded up 50 rounds of 6x47 Lapua with 39.0gr IMR-4350 and only had two throws that were over - both by 0.2gr., and both as a result of just having a few more kernels stacked up at the mouth of the spout on that last trickle bump. I then loaded up 70 rounds of .250 Savage AI with 40.0 grains of Varget topped with either 85gr Nosler BT's (57rds) or 100gr Nosler Partitions (13rds). For this 70 rounds I had three over charges, and again all by only 0.2ga

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02655.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	9863

Speed wise, I can't really comment on that yet as I haven't played around with the speed settings at all. One of the big reasons I chose the Hornady was because it offers three different speed options (slow, med. and fast), which of course have corresponding degrees of reduced accuracy as the speed goes up. By default it's set on slow and that's all I've used to this point, but it's actually about perfect at that speed as by the time I have seated my bullet and put that finished round in the tray the powder measure is already trickling the last couple tenths of a grain so I'm only having to wait a few seconds.

The one thing I did play with was the auto or manual option. By default it's in manual mode meaning you have to depress the Dispense button every time to start measuring out a new charge. In auto mode it automatically starts up a second or two after your replace the pan on the scale. The auto function works well, but you do have to rush a bit if you want to get the draft guard back into place before it starts up. Not sure if there's a way to increase the startup delay in the settings or not, but would be nice to make it a second or two longer.

Probably what surprised me the most about this unit is just how quiet it is. With the draft guard in place, the only thing you'll hear out of it is the first bit of kernels hitting the pan. There's no discernable motor noise to speak of which was one of my big complaints with the RCBS unit I had back in the day.

The one thing I don't like so far, and it may be adjustable in the settings, is that when it finishes dispensing a charge it only shows the final charge weight for a second before changing over to displaying the total number of charges that have been dispensed. Yes it will beep and display "OVER" if it's an overcharge, but I just like the added piece of mind of being able to see the final charge weight before dumping it into a case. Not a problem if you're waiting and watching it to finish dispensing the load which is another reason the slow speed has been working well for me.

I do plan on testing to see how much increasing the speed affects the accuracy. Hornady claims +/-0.1gr accuracy on the slow setting which is pretty much what I've seen (over charge warnings at 0.2gr over). This is perfectly acceptable to me for target/match loads, so if the accuracy doesn't drop off much with the speed increase I could presume that medium speed might be plenty accurate for hunting loads and allow you to dispense charges a bit faster. Guess we'll see...

Last but not least, I much prefer the design on the hopper dump on the Hornady over the old RCBS. With the Hornady it's just a matter of rotating it 180-degrees to the downward pointing position. What's nice though is that the powder flows a lot more smoothly and faster from the Hornady than it did the RCBS. A few random kernels of powder still needed to be brushed out, but that's normal and may not even had been needed if I had remembered to wipe down the inside of the hopper with a dryer sheet before using it to eliminate any static buildup.

So overall I'm very, very pleased with the Hornady unit this far. It's much less complicated to use than the RCBS Chargemaster was, and I didn't have to do any straw tricks or reprogramming to get it to throw bulky stick powders accurately. That's a big win in my book since that's the predominant types of powders I shoot.