In the past few years I have done 3 Boyd's stocks and a Richards Microfit stocks for Savage. One was a Boyd's Spike Camp for a Blind mag Model 10. The second stock was a Richards Field Trekker for a DBM Model 11.. 3 and 4 were Boyd's At-One for the Model 11.

The Richards was completed and had it outside to take some finished pictures. I had the rifle leaning against a deck rail to set up bags and as I turned to grab the rifle a heavy wind gust picked up and blew the gun. It fell between the rails 4' onto a concrete pad. The stock split between the bolt notch and between the Trigger and mag well cutouts. That stock also had pillars installed. The rear pillar was broken out. After that I replaced with the At-One.

I have gone thru 2 At-One stocks for this Model 11. The first one I pillared and bedded. It shot very well for about a month then became erratic. Pulled the barrel and action to find the stock de-laminated between the mag well and trigger cut-out, yes on both sides of the pillar. Boyd's replaced the stock. The second one I only added a pillar to the front action screw. So I have had bad experience with Two Savage Stocks that have the DBM and trying to Pillar them. My opinion for what it is worth is there is not enough material between the mag well, action screw and the trigger cut-out to add a Pillar w/o weakening the stock.

When I started this venture I was getting help from a member on another form that had been a Stock maker and gunsmith for almost 50 years and he tried to warm me of this. He also stated that he did not pillar any stock that was less than a Magnum Caliber or being and old Mauser Action. The second Boyd's stock is now just over two years old and still tight. So this is something you might take into consideration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0900.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	9853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0899.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	9854