Back a long time ago, i also played with the Sierra 250gr FPJ bullet...in 44mags they reminded me of hard cast bullets, but at .445supermag & .444Marlin speeds, they do expand without blowing up. The downside is that Sierra has gotten awfully proud of their pistol bullets, to the point i'm not experimenting with 'em as much. I guess in the big scheme of things, a hundred bullets goes a long way for hunting use, but there is still that "ouch" factor up front. (i also later tried the Sierra .357FPJ in my .357max carbine, and the .41FPJ in my .414 carbine...same good results.)

I've suspected CFE-Blk might be of use in the .445, with its density powder compression should not be an issue, and i also wanted to burn some Vihtavuori N120 in a .445 test run...problem is that i usually end up with more test projects than time.

Cant remember where i got this data; 445 data with parameters set to compute 1800fps loads with 240's....but N120 produced fairly low pressures in doing so. Wonder what it would yield when taken to higher pressures? Those loads do show N120 was just over 100% fill density, but the way you and i are seating 'em out way long, we might have a little more room to play. Too many barrels, so little time....

Deer probably aint gonna notice the difference either way, but this stuff is fun to play with.