I tried briefly in my .445 carbine, and in a a couple of pistol length barrels...those were a 10" factory, a 14" factory, and later a 14" stainless custom by MGM.

My factory .445 barrels were underwhelmed with regular .44's, and produced pretty mediocre groups, but in all honestly, i didnt try too hard since i had other factory .44's that shot a bit better.

The 20" .445 i pack around is a TC custom shop with the usual excessively long throat... found by seating 265's & 300's way out , it shot noticeably better. I always assumed since it was long for a .445 chamber, the stubby .44's just didnt cope well with the excessive jump & the long freebore....also found the light bullets shot to a very different POI, my barrel has no brake & with the full power loads it printed quite a lot higher even at close range with the increased muzzle flip.

That .445 was an accidental find at a gun show...it was one of the worst-fouled barrels i'd ever seen, and was filthy...always assumed someone had been trying to launch soft lead bullets at warp speed, and gave up on it when it no longer would keep them on a sheet of paper. I'm glad they did, after a whole lotta scrubbing, it shot great, once it got fed heavies seated out long.

Does your SSK barrel do well with 180-240 gr bullets? Always been intrigued with that thought....bet 200/240's at 2000fps+ would be a show stopped on critters.