Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roach View Post
I have owned a 6.5x30JDJ for 30 or so years. My choice way back when was between the 6.5 JDJ and the 6.5x30 JDJ. I figured 225 Win brass would only get harder to buy, and went with the 30-30 based cartridge. Doing it over, I would make the same choice. The 6.5x30 JDJ is a great Contender Cartridge, easy on brass, easy to form, pretty much the same case capacity as the 6.5 JDJ. What's not to love. I had a quality Brake installed in the last Five years. This really made it a fun round to shoot. I now have brakes on every Centerfire Single Shot I own except my 223 Contender Barrel.
I did own a 6Bullberry Improved for several years. The way I was forming cases, it was way to much trouble. If I had owned a case forming die set my experience with it might have been more positive.

Not quite 30-30 based, but one of my favorites is the 35 Bullberry. I normally form this cartridge from 375 Winchester brass. Again an easy to form cartridge, that is easy on brass.

Bob R
How hard is it to find that 375 brass? I bought a Winchester lever action 375 years ago on a whim but only shot it a couple of times.