You know how to shoot. No one needs to tell you how to do anything with a firearm. When a shooter becomes seasoned, they take on their own style. Sometimes grip, sometimes stance, whatever. Let me ask you this: could you hold a pistol sideways, all gangsta style, and still be accurate? Yeah… so could I. As dumb as is, you could likely hold a pistol upside down & still be accurate. (Miculek actually tested this.) My point is, shooters who know how to shoot, can do as they wish.

Now, if you or I were teach a new shooter to shoot sideways, simply because we can, would be quite wrong. When dealing with new shooters or shooters having problems with consistency, then going back to the fundamentals is the correct means. It always starts with the fundamentals. Shooters may adapt their techniques over time as they master it, or as criteria changes in one’s life. I had to adapt when I lost sight in my eye. Then again when my Left arm/hand was paralyzed. Which was no problem because I was already a seasoned shooter.

There is a difference in thinking between Shooters & Instructors. All Instructors can shoot. But not all Shooters can instruct. When teaching a new shooter or one having consistency issues, the Instructor should not teach how they do things. Only fundamentals should be. They should be cornerstoned in fact! I always shot pistol in a modified weaver hybrid stance, but I wouldn’t teach that to new shooters. I always taught standing Isosceles.