Quote Originally Posted by ArtinNC View Post
Dave Hoback , I made custom knives for about 34 years had to quit because of my back I could never grind a knife setting down . Last year my hip got to hurting so bad I give my Boys in Ohio my mill and lathe . Now I'm a lot better and wish I had them back , but at 83 I'll just do with out . You can go to my FaceBook page and see some of the knives that I have made , there is about 3 Art Summers on faceBook so you have to get the right me .
Very cool! I actually don’t do FacePage or Tweeter.. or Instawhobody.. Hobby forums are the only form of social media I’ve been a part of since about 1999-2000.

Are you a Blade Smiff, Hammer/Anvil & Forge? Or a Knifemaker like me? Take a piece of steel & remove any material that isn’t the blade? Forging is cool.. it’s fun. But it’s more for making “pretty” knives. I’ve never pretended with Knifemaking. I’m no artist, LOL! I make high performance cutting tools from high end materials. The steels I use are all modern PM steels. (Not powder metal, but rather Particulate Metallurgy.) A person could heat these steels as hot as can be in a forge & try to shape it with hammer & Anvil….and these steels will literally laugh! I hear you on the tools. I’ll never part with my equipment. My son can have everything when I’m gone. (He’s not the least bit interested though! Loves Firearms/knives, but he rather just buy them. Makes me sad.)