I do long for a lathe myself. Just don’t have the floor space. However, I could never be without a Mill. A rest is pretty simple concept. Definitely something I could had I motivation for one. While yes, the material costs a bit, we are taking a small FRACTION of the price to buy one of those!

Last year I had decided I wanted to make a nice bench rest bipod. I sourced 2024 Billet Aluminum(stronger than 6061), Carbon Fiber & Titanium rod. Including all Titanium hardware. Cost a few bucks, sure. Maybe as much as a Harris Bipod. About 1/4 the Price, or LESS, of the higher end Bipods.

Don’t get me wrong, my thumbs up to those with the means to purchase these highest toys we all love. Unfortunately, that’s never been me, LOL! However, The Lord gave blessed me with the gift to design in my head & make the parts. Not to mention the love of machining, fabricating. I’ve always felt, if I can make something that looks like it was made in a factory & perform at least 90% as well, I’m happy. (Sometimes things we do even perform better.)

Sorry Fuj’.. not trying to hijack, LOL! Was just adding as encouragement to Charlie & maybe others like me. And I do know you are one of the more skillful builders, machinists, fabricators here.