Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim View Post
Did you guys ever stop to think that just maybe "Marty" may be trying to run a company? I'm quite sure SSK does not have some giant public relations department with nothing better to do than to keep up with every single website, email and social media outlet. I'm sure some of this was kept under wraps due to necessity (think S&W trying as hard as they could to derail it unless given large bags of cash, or 3rd party vendors not being able to follow through with supplying viable product, etc). Your $300 bought you occasional updates, and SSK DID offer anyone still upset the opportunity to get refunds.

Bringing a new product to market is time consuming, and EXPENSIVE. Especially when a big portion of that manufacturing must be done out of house (3rd party vendors). I'm still chuckling at the idea of folks who fronted SSK, what? $300? Each? Consider themselves some kind of capital investment tycoon, and they now "own" a piece of the company's endeavor.

$300 "buy in" x 400 lucky contributors = $120K

I'm *QUITE* sure this product development (and now release) has cost SSK many times more cash than that (you need to think in the 10-20x or more range).

Your $300 does not and did not give you a stakeholder position in the company. The company offered refunds. Now they offer product. That's what your $300 investment brought you.

Even with the announcement of PRODUCTION copies being shipped (like they were supposed to all along), some folks are STILL flogging this dead horse. Now it's renewed demands to know "wait times", etc. I got news for you, they don't have anyone sitting around with nothing better to do than constantly flipping back and forth through "lists" to let each and every one of you know where you are, or how long this will take. Did some of you not ask for refunds JUST so you could continue to complain even after copies are shipping?

Heysooose-Mary-and-Joseph on tricycles!

Not one apology to Marty, or SSK for some of the outlandish and sometimes down right insulting accusations (like "inferring" that the product will never be made, and SSK has made off with the money, etc?).
I didn't/don't have any skin in the game because I knew better. There was no need to post on social media daily. However, they should have sent a group email to everybody on the list every 3 months even if it was only to say nothing has changed. That would have taken 5 minutes or less every 3 months. I don't care how busy you are, if you can't find 5 minutes every 3 months to give people an update you aint much of a businessman. And yes, I have ran a business and would never leave people hanging like that.
Having said all that, I'm glad that people are starting to get the frames. Once they get caught up and they're proven to be of good quality I'll get at least 2 of them myself. I just can't understand how a company can take $$$ for a product, not deliver that product until almost 4 years later, & people think that there should be ZERO negativity is beyond me.