Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
I wish I could comment on the Elfman but I can't. I chased all the brands but this one,
and put the stock red blade back in. I did keep the heavier Timney's for other projects.
I guess maybe it's just that the stock trigger works so well for me in a heavy gun. I just
wish I would have put that money elsewhere, but you never know till you try something.
I did not post up the Pa, Tack Driver Lite match yet but of the 48 shooters, I was in the
top 10 early on then the winds struck and struck hard. Two of my 5 relays were a complete
disaster with shots in the 8 and 7 rings. Wind was some of the worst I've seen. I did manage
a 28 out of 48.....First relay, I was shooting 7/8th" groups with that stock trigger in light wind.
One thing about triggers.....Even a 2 ounce Jewel sucks in heavy wind !! Note.....2 of the
range windsocks are rated for 17 mph. After the first relay, they were stretched straight out
and switching directions frantically. The poles they were mounted on were leaning !!!!
Was waiting to hear about that Fuj’. Wow..Brutal wind. And, yeah, the wind doesn’t care WHAT trigger is used; it really does make things a game of “chance” over skill. Still, sounds like you did well all things considered. More importantly, did you enjoy yourself regardless? I couldn’t agree more with your sentiment on aftermarket triggers. Luckily, because trigger setup was the first thing I learned over 2 decades ago, the attitude of modify over buy really stuck with me. So I at least haven’t wasted money chasing the “perfect” aftermarket trigger. Instead, I’ve wasted that money on other items, LOL!