Thread: Elftmann Savage Trigger

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    This is the “COMPETITIVE SHOOTING” Forum. As I said in post #1 of My thread, My interest in the Elftmann trigger is to find a trigger that fills My needs for Bench Rest Competition. We assure safety by observing “Cold Range” protocol. That means no bolts installed until the RSO gives the command “install bolts”, after all muzzles are pointed at the berm. Triggers for this purpose don’t rely on safeties or anything else to insure a safe range. Just the Cold Range Protocol. The next command is “Commence Firing”. An Unintended Discharge merely means you will likely miss your POA, or DQ. Nothing unsafe. My interest in this trigger does not apply to “Any Other Form Of Shooting”. Work on any trigger at your own risk.

Yes, I meant the trigger, not the sear, My Girl Friend had the radio blaring.

I have been using this Elftmann Trigger in a 35# Heavy Gun, and it performs about as well as anything else I have used, in that application. Which is the SSS Competition, RB Sav II, Jard 1 & Current Jard (both back in the box on a shelf), and of course all of the factory triggers Savage has offered.

I feel triggers and fire control has Savage Bench Rest competitors at a considerable disadvantage. Like LoneWolf and other competitors who used to post here, I find Myself drifting in another direction.
    Last edited by GrenGuy; 08-03-2023 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Afterthought