Oh I’m all about modifying, (even though I’ve been accused of having someone else making the things I post). But I like modifying stock components or making things from scratch. I don’t enjoy spending money, to then spend more time/money to change it. If I’m making a purchase, I research up/down, sideways and here & there until I find exactly what I want & know it will work correctly. Except with 1911 triggers..because that’s just the nature of building a 1911. (Every part needs fit with them.) This is why I haven’t purchased any of the aftermarket Savage triggers to this point. None have shown to me, to offer a great deal more performance than a properly worked factory trigger. I was quite hopeful of the Jard, but it soon showed the “kinks” in its armor. Although I’m confident I could work it into a decent performing trigger, it’s just not worth the $220 for the slight increase in performance I might get over my stock trigger. And to be honest, I do enjoy a Safe Action trigger like the Accutrigger. They offer 100% defense against accidental discharge. It simply cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled. Same reason I love Firing Pin Blocks (FPB) in pistols. I think more than a few people would be quite surprised with how pleasant my worked Accutriggers feel. THAT is the kind of modification I really enjoy. Taking either materials or something stock and modifying to perform within a very close margin to the best money can buy. I know many of us here do the same and understand how gratifying it is.

Despite those feelings of mine, I’m glad for anyone who is happy with their purchase. But the fact remains in this thread that one person was quite happy, (although they altered the original). And one person was, it seems, quite unhappy, resulting in the product being sent back for a look. I hope we here the outcome.