Fuj, are you saying you are mental? LOL But, yeah, that is a big part when you go down the precision rabbit hole.

Caveat: I am the weak link. I can only shoot to 1/2MOA on a regular basis. Sometimes the stars align and I can get lower, but, not often. And I do not compete.

I do weight sort, but, only to 1gn. My brass is all Lapua or Peterson so most are good. I have also considered the best way to determine case consistency. Volume measurement by filling the case with water or some other consistent medium is considered the 'best' but I do not take the extra time.

My alternative method is to track muzzle velocities. If I get some outliers I will mark the head of the case with a sharpie. Then if it is still 'off' for the next session then I will remove that case from my box. FWIW, I've only had to do that a few times out of a hundred cases. Yes there is a chance I am tossing a good case, but, when all the rest are shooting +/-10fps and one is 30fps out twice in a row, then something is probably wrong with the case.

I did have a batch of Hornady match cases a while ago (.308Win) and they were sorted into three batches of 1gn. I think (mental) it made a difference in group sizes, but, I can't prove it.

The only way to prove something like this works is a blind test, which is kinda time consuming.