Quote Originally Posted by cknight814 View Post
Thanks for sharing!! Tell me more about the 17 HMR. I'm jonesing for another one (I have a Super 14 Contender) but bolt pistols are hard to find. I am seriously thinking about going the route it looks like you did
The 17 HMR is a CZ455. It was never really accurate, so it didn't get a lot of use. I've had it long time and since it was accurate, I never invested any updated parts in it.

After going to WY for several years, I kept thinking how the HMR would be ideal with a suppressor and the PD would not go down as quickly. So, I first ordered a Lothar Walther barrel for it. I gave them the dimensions I wanted for the tenon and did not want any cutouts for the grub screws that hold the barrel in. While waiting on the barrel, I order a Timney trigger, Glades bolt handle and knob, 10 round magazine, MDT chassis and an arca rail from Yankee Hill Machine.

When the barrel came in it was seated into action using a lathe to press the barrel in and left over night. Green loctite, can't remember the numbers, was used on the tenon. The next day, all the other parts were added and off to the range I went. The 17 gr V-max is what it is currently shooting and is very accurate. I tried several others, but the 17 V-Max was always on top.

It is now a very accurate 17 HMR and it will be going along on all my other trips as well as the 20 VT.