Quote Originally Posted by KMW1954 View Post
Dave you have helped me on many occasions and I greatly respect you opinion and knowledge but I have to say I have been doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of reading and researching a lot about the 6ARC. Basically because I have been looking to move up from 223 for my 300yd target rifle. Latest findings are that out to 500yds there is very little difference between the 6 ARC and the other short 6mm chamberings, up to the 6 Dasher until one moves up to the GT, CM, or 243. So I suppose it all comes down to what it is intended to do.

So just which other would you choose as OP really didn't say what he is hunting.

Well, you mentioned 1 or 2 already. The Dasher would likely be my top pick. But I’d also do the BR/BRA. Or I might would say forget the short cases & go right to the 6x47. You are correct they are all close. Which is why I feel the ARC is pointless! The Dasher has been around since the early 2000’s. The 6mmBR was created commercially in 1978! But like usual…Hornady regurgitates what’s already been done and act like they “invented” something new! Not only that, they use the x39 case (Grendel), which has never been an accuracy hero. But people want it because it’s the shiny new toy. And that’s fine. Also, I’m a reloader. Most people look at the ARC because they see the boxes of Hornady in stores.