This thread reminds me of being in firearms instruction. In doing so we often run into people who believe “this” or “that” won’t work for them. These types believe they are somehow the exception to the rule. And regardless that such & such configuration works for 100’s of thousands.. millions of others, it just won’t work for THEM! THEY are just somehow different. When in fact, it’s that person’s understanding and incorrect use which is the problem. LOL! My son did this as a teenager. He continued adding more LOP to his AR15. First going from an adjustable stock to a Gov. A2 stock. Then adding additional spacers, up to 2” besides! I insisted it was WAY too much LOP and he would never be consistent, yet he simply would not believe what I said was correct. Now I am 6’4” and in my hayday I used an adjustable stock set at almost the shortest position. My son was shorter than myself but still thought he needed this almost 17” LOP! Finally he conceded after the setup never felt correct to him, removed all the LOP & went back to an adjustable stock.. but a nicer one. I simply smiled.

Again, it was his understanding, rather incorrect understanding & improper use at the time. I believe this is the situation with the OP. His lack of further responding only further solidifies this for me. I believe he took a second look at his setup & likely approached the situation from a different angle.