Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
They call it that because they have to be able to talk to the lowest IQ on the phone and can understand what they are saying. If they replace the barrel don't expect it to be in any other shape than the one you sent in. As long as the reamer marks are not raised it will not matter if they are there or not. Savage barrels and others come around and start shooting better after a few hundred rounds. Why? because they need to be broken in right. Lets hear how you did that. It might tell us something useful.

These cheap bore scopes are really starting to wear thin on lots of manufactures. I have spoke to several barrel manufacturers that are going to be modifying their warranties because of them. Right now they are just replacing stuff because they don't want to deal with people that don't have a clue to what they are talking about.

Good luck with your new barrel. And this time make sure you are not shooting Wolf steel case ammo. It might shoot better.
Didn't realize I was lowest IQ calling them.
I am not new to firearms, shooting or working on them, I do it day 5 days a week. I have a friend that is a gun smith, I personally know a master gun smith. I shoot a cast silhouette match once a month. Yes, I do have a clue what they are talking about. Yes, I do expect a better barrel when I get it back. Did I say I used Wolf ammo? Pretty sure I did not say what ammo I used. I said I properly broke in the barrel. You act like I'm trying to bash Savage and that I'm stupid, you are wrong on both accounts. You just seem bent on discrediting me for some reason.
Just so you know, ammo was Federal AE 55gr. For about the first 20 rounds, then hand loads.
Not going to detail my break-in procedure, but it takes about an hour, slow fire and lots of cleaning.
Anyway, heading to range now to do some shooting as the weather is great.