Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
From what you indicated, it sounds like you simply do not have the the scope & your head positioned correctly. It has nothing to do with FOV. It’s not your eyes that are the problem. I too, have bad eyes.. well, EYE! My left eye is 100% blind & my right is heavily corrected with Astigmatism.

Your LOP, cheek rest & eye relief go hand in hand in hand. And then there’s your eye level, as Apollo referenced. First, make certain your head & cheek rest are in the same position every time. Then position the scope at the correct eye level and relief for full sight picture. Almost all scopes are within 3”-4” of eye relief. If you don’t have an adjustable cheek rest, you may need one, or you may need to change ring height. And of course, fitment issues with the scope size come into play when setting up.
I agree with Dave. Your visual acuity shouldn't affect eye relief. I wear trifocals with close, medium and far lenses. I have shooting glasses with only one focal point, distance viewing. That means the back end of the scope is out of focus for me, but I can see the target with a full field of view just fine.