Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
Let me ask about those fliers !! Are they random in all directions ?? Are they prone to be
vertical ?? Are they prone to be horizontal, left or right ?? I mainly shoot free recoil. With
the longer barrels, I would string them in the vertical. I was using heavy sand in the front
bag. I switched to a soft beach sand and cut the vertical in half. A bad hold and rest set up
can induce them stray hairs.....I can also attest to shooting bugholes off a concrete bench
and then have them open up to 5/8" off a not so stable wooden bench....Lots of pieces in
the puzzle, and the main reason Beer is brewed !!!
Those are excellent questions and unfortunately, I haven't kept track of that data. I didn't keep the big yellow and blue targets, but I have kept all the small red and black ones so I can go back and look at that. I shoot off of a wooden bench made of 2X and 4X material. It's heavy and steady as wood can be. I wish we had concrete benches. My bags have different media -- I don't think any of it is sand, its different densities and sizes of plastic pellets. Some of them are so light they stick to things while others are heavier like rice.