Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
I received the Lyman hand primer today and I cannot get it to fully seat a primer in a 9 mm, 45 ACP, 6.5 CM or .223. They all protrude below the case head.

Here's the 9mm. This is as far as I can seat the primer with the handle fully depressed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2519-M.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	9435

This is as far as this ram comes up with a 6.5 CM. You can see this won't seat a primer even with the case head, much less below it. I couldn't even get the case out of the shell holder while it was on the hand primer. I had to take both off and put it on my Lee press to seat the primer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2520-M.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	9436

I kept thinking I was doing something wrong or there was some adjustment I missed, but its a pretty simple tool. The primer holder slips into the handle, you stick a shell holder on top and lock the primer holder and shell holder onto the handle with a collar. It can only go together one way and there is no adjustment. It's going back tomorrow.

On edit: Lyman has been having issues with this primer since at least 2017. I should have done a web search before I ordered it.

I’m willing to bet your Shell Holder is too tall. Go read reviews about it here. https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-Product...ustomerReviews The Lyman shell holders are like .0660” tall or something. I use Lee Shell Holders and don’t have a problem. It’s the best, and most solid feeling hand primer I’ve ever used.