I like a LOT of posters in this thread have owned My Share, (LOL) Dozens if not Hundreds, of Contender barrels. Must confess I have Loved them all. They allowed me to meet a lot of online Experts and Friends. They have brought my family closer. We will be having our NINTH annual Pumpkin Annihilation this Halloween. A Contender, Tannerite ,Kids, and Grandkids WHAT could possibly be better. We have Dum-Dum shoots as often as possible. My oldest Grandson is hopelessly HOOKED. The joy of watching the Kids and Grandkids amaze their self with shots that make me SMILE. The entire family jokes saying my oldest Grandson won't be able to attend my funeral. He will have a U-Haul backed up to my gun room / loading shop.
I tell this to explain my choices. My two favorite and most shot chamberings are an OTT 20 VarTarg and OTT 20 TAC. Both have a 10 ounce trigger and wear a 8.5-25x50 Leupold. Very light recoil and if you miss, the gun can not be blamed. For hunting I shoot a 6.5mm BB IMP and if I am feeling adventurous (NOT often) I have a SSK 375 JDJ To round out my current collection I have a SSK 300 Whisper and an OTT 219 Wasp. Down to six and tell everybody I won't buy another, but I do Have seven Frames so WHO KNOWS Anyone have a REAL interesting one they want to rehome LOL
Safe shooting all my Friends
Doug