I like a good argument....First off, my targets tell me if My method works. I hand prime
so I can feel the primer bottom out. As for going a bit more ?? I try not too. But if you want
to, hand priming is the way to do it. I've measured enough primers over the years, to know
that even the best vary in thickness. To set a mechanical device and do them all the same
will hurt your accuracy and why most all true bench rest shooters hand prime. I see there
was a mention of Eric Cortina. He's a good shooter and does win (in his game) I see he just
won the nationals. To be straight forward....Eric would get his head handed to him Shooting
short range 100/300 group and score. It's a different reloading game where if you don't
shoot in the minimum of low 2's, you go home.....As I mentioned in an earlier post , I
use a Sinclair hand primer. Not long ago I picked up the 21st Century hand primer that you
can set to seat primers exactly the same depth every time. Well I soon found some primers
were crushing and some were not bottoming out. These were those Federal primers. Checking
thicknesses told me what was going on. All in all, I decreased the amount of fliers I was having
by uniforming and hand priming by feel. That's my method, and it works. I compete, I can't
afford to be sloppy in any area of assembly. I'll save weight sorting primers for another argument
other then to say quite a few of the top IBS and UBR shooters do it.....