Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
Fuj, do you make your own reamers too? Father-in-law did that once for me but I never got the urge to try it. We were working on a way to make bullet molds when he passed away.
Not for chambers. Once I have what I'm looking for , I send out about 3 dummies and have
a reamer made. In the case of the shortened 284's, I use a .240 throat SAMMI reamer and
short step it. for the ELF though, I still have to hone in the base for a good fit. For the SA284
the SAMMI reamer is perfect. I have made reamers for pistol molds mainly .358 and heavy.
I think I still have one in one of my Kennedy's I never finished. I'll see if it's still there.

And Dave.....I have about 1400 rounds on my current Brux 30" heavy varmint. I'm pulling it'
though for an Lilja 3 groove I have an itch to test with those !90's. I like to start the season
with a fresh barrel and not have one fall off on me. For the round count, the Brux has minimal
fire cracking, and the throat is not as burned out as I have expected. I'll probably set it back,
redo the crown (every 500 rounds for me) and put it away in the safe.