Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Howdy, & welcome. Boots & whynot gave great points. I agree whole heartedly. Your 116 will tap 1000yds. no problem. I’m sure you’ve heard it, but if not, I’ll say it anyway; reloading is the way to go for overall consistency & therefore, accuracy potential. As stated, scope, mounts & rings are parts to invest in. I recommend lots of research. Asking questions like “who uses what”, I’d stay away from. You will get as many different answers as there are people posting! Everyone has their favorite. Don’t listen to any one person! Or even two or three! No, do your own research. Any modern scope of quality will get you to 1000yds & beyond quite effectively. Anyone who says otherwise, I have hours & hours of videos showing people doing it with with many, many different optics of different price ranges. I’ll say this: expecting precision long range shooting with a $100 Optic is foolish, no doubt! But thinking a $2000-$3000+ Optic is needed is equally foolish. I don’t know your budget, so I won’t speculate. With that, mounts/rings are equally important, as Boots mentioned. I’ve seen more than once, I’m sure he has well, those who spend a good bit of money on a quality firearm & Optic, only then to use JUNK mounts/rings. The trigger is another avenue. Check your trigger, if able. You may have a 3-screw. Those can be tuned as is, and if you’ve the ability, (or know someone), can be worked to provide outstanding trigger operation. I’ve even heard somebody here does Free trigger jobs for other members.
Thank you for the feedback Dave. I have an optic in mind that I will likely go with. I won’t post that here though as I feel confident in my selection. I am curious however on ring opinions. I need to do more research.

As for reloading, that’s definitely something i’d like to get into and will at some point. When all the dust settles from the funds spent setting up this rifle, I’ll start researching and investing in that area.

Thank you for the info on the trigger. To be honest I haven’t had the time to visit the range yet to see how it feels in its current state. I’m willing to bet it’s still set to whatever the factory setting is. I’ll look into what I have and get back with you. Thank you so much for your time!