Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
I'm just thinking about trying something different, but didn't want to go too big because I can't handle a heavy recoil due to a bum right shoulder. I've had three surgeries on it, between a football injury in 1977 and a motorcycle accident in 2020. The last one left me with a 5" long titanium plate, and 8 screws. I've still got a torn labrum and partially torn tendon and eschewed further repair because the doc said it was about the most painful procedure an orthopedist could inflict on a patient and at my age probably not very effective and unnecessary.

I really like the idea of the 6mm CM with its light recoil and flatter trajectory, but the short barrel life puts me off a little. On the other hand, the the 6.5 PRC also shoots a little flatter, but with the heavier bullet and larger powder charge I could reach a little longer range than I can with the 6.5 CM. I'm ringing steel with it at 950 yards, but I wonder how what the maximum range is in my hands. No hunting, no competition, just tinkering with loads, groups at 100 yards and long range plinking.

II had a friend recommend the Dasher and I need to do some research on that cartridge.

People are effectively taking 6.5 Creedmoor & it’s counterpart, 260 Rem out to 1 Mile! I’ve even heard of some using them for 2000yds. The 6.5CM will go as far as is difficult for ANY cartridge. Know what I mean? ELR shooting is a whole new ball game. Watch videos on guys people shooting 1 mile or more. Even those with heavy magnums, 7mm or 30 RUM, 338 Lapua, and even the specialty magnums for target shooting, even they don’t just hit the target on after another every shot. You still see LOTS of misses at those ranges. I’m not talking about what people say on forums. Go watch one of hundreds of videos to get the truth.