It's amazing how my tone has changed from the first post I put in this thread to the second and now the third. As mentioned above I had to ship my B22 Precision back to savage for warranty work. I called there prior to shipping it to see if they send a shipping label, they would not, I had to pay over $71 to ship it back to them. They told me before I shipped it that they would have it for 3 weeks, ok, that's not too bad I can deal with that. At about the 3.5 week mark I had not heard anything, so I called them. Not looked at yet, uh oh, my first indication that things were not going to be as smooth as they made it sound on the phone. Waited a week and called again. Now told a gunsmith is looking at it so be ready soon. Waited almost another week, still no communication from savage so I called again. Now told gun was "not repairable" so a new one would be shipped to me. What could possibly make a gun not repairable? They could not (or would not) tell me. Ok, they're happy to tell me I'm getting a brand new gun. The first one was a brand new gun also and it didn't work good at all. This one would be tested at their range to make sure it is good before sending it to me. Alright that sounds good, when will the new one be shipped? They can't tell me, they have none at the Massachusetts plant, they need to get one from the Canada plant. When will they get it from Canada then? They can't tell me, Canada has none either, I have to wait for them to start a production run. When will that be? Don't know, maybe this month, if not maybe the following month...

Here I'll leave out a lot of the details about all my other calls. I will say that I found the email address for the CEO of savage and sent him a message describing the situation and asking for help. The morning after I sent the email I had a call from the woman in charge of the warranty repair department. I had spoken to her previously and got nowhere. She is very pleasant and told me the CEO had her read my email and told her to call me. This is starting to sound good, until I realized she still could not tell me anything.

To shorten this post up I'll just say that I finally received the new rifle 2 days ago, 11 weeks after I sent it out... I mounted my scope and went to the range yesterday. The gun did shoot pretty well but the bolt still scratches the next round in the magazine, and I did have 4 or 5 failures to extract. The original rifle also shot good on first range trip (although this one did seem a little better) but had no failures to extract, this one did, so how do I know this one will be any better until several more range trips?

Just want to say this is the first and last savage I will ever own. Yes, I understand a mass produced item can have problems, that's to be expected at times. What is not expected is the horrible customer service behind the product.

I bought this rifle specifically for 50 yard benchrest competition. Due to the faulty product and lousy service I missed 3 competitions, spent over $71 unnecessarily, had lots of aggravation and now have a gun I worry about how long it will shoot good for. I should have listened to the advice I got from others in the benchrest competition and bought a CZ. I wanted to buy American though and had heard of great accuracy from savage so went with that. BIG MISTAKE.