I'm pretty much in line with TX's thinking at this point when it comes to LH actions. Still have three rifles running a Savage action, but if/when I decide to do another build I'll be going custom - most likely a BigHorn. Last bolt gun I built was with an ARC Nucleus action, and while me and TX's experience with this action greatly differ (mine was one of the early one's plagued with light primer strikes), I still much prefer it over my Savage actions due to it being CRF and having much better/more reliable extraction/ejection. The much larger selection of available triggers and stocks for the Rem 700 footprint custom actions makes them the easy choice for me as finding LH Savage stocks that aren't an all-metal chassis has gotten a lot harder in recent years. I've also been running this site for over 20 years and have gotten a little bored with Savage's I guess.

Only way I'd build off a Savage action at this point would be updating one of my currently owned Savage's or if I came across a smoking deal on an action. It's not that the Savage is uniformly bad with feeding/ejecting, rather that it's finicky with certain cartridges that just so happen to also be some of the most popular cartridges on the market right now. Another major factor is aftermarket support and parts availability - especially for the older staggered feed models. At this point it's almost impossible to find staggered magazine parts to do a conversion unless you just happen to have what you need stashed away in the parts drawer left-over from a previous build. Even getting current production parts for a conversion has become a challenge with the current supply chain issues and Savage's ever changing "rules" on who can order what or what parts they'll make available to what resellers.