I understand both sides. But it's just marketing at the end of the day. Is a lot of it redundancy? Sure it is. But if they don't keep coming up with "new" things to sell, they likely won't stay in business long. I for one, don't want to see any of them go out of business. You can get a barrel made in 300 win mag with a tighter chamber, longer throat, and faster twist, put it in a magnum length action, or single load it, and not have any disadvantage over the 300 PRC. The PRC does all that without going the custom route. I'm not bashing, nor defending it, but just my observations. I do think the 300 PRC made more sense than the 6.5 "need more", just for the simple fact that they utilized a longer action in order to be able to seat the long bullets out further without crowding the powder space. The creedmoor, however, I've never understood that argument. "We shortened the case slightly so that the bullet could be seated further out, without eating up powder space." Well, yeah that still lets it fit in a short action, but you just killed your advantage by shortening the case. You might be seating the bullet out further, but you still reduced your powder capacity by shortening the case. If you want to gain capacity, seat the bullet out further without shortening the case. The same can be said for the 6.8 Western.