Here we go… Hornady trying to reinvent the wheel again. Point of this cartridge is to chuck a 180gr pill at “close” to 3000fps. So they once again look to UP the cartridge pressure (something reloaders have been doing for decades because we know 65K PSI is safe & where they SHOULD be!) Well, they hit 2950fps. But that’s OK. In this new world we live in.. 50fps doesn’t matter, right? Or does that only count with Creedmoor? LOL! Problem is, people have been loading 180gr near 3000fps in the 7mm Mag for a long time. Or just pick it up in the 7mm RUM, or 7mm Weatherby mag, or.., wait a sec.. I know there was another one.. oh yeah! The 28 Nosler! And didn’t the 28 Nosler have the SAME claim to fame? A 180gr bullet at 3000fps+? Anyway

There is nothing new under the sun. Boy oh boy, the show Hornady is going to put on. There was nothing special about the 6.5PRC… nothing special about the 300PRC (I’d still rather have a 300 Win Mag, and I’m not alone.) This will be the same. Nothing special. But enjoy the dog & pony show Hornady will put on.