HAHA.

My mother in-law gifted me the Caldwell premium kit chronograph for Xmas. I haven't tried it yet because I'm trying to maximize every ounce of accuracy out of the Mark II before I begin analyzing velocities, ES and SD. I actually recrowned the barrel with a brass round screw head and grinding compound this afternoon to eliminate any tiny burrs from cleaning (don't own a lathe) hoping it improves accuracy. It's also 15 degrees here in PA, but I'm not sure how much of an impact that has on optimal precision.

My original goal was to handload precision rifle 5.56 ammo for my new 18" SPR build (currently troubleshooting undergassing, which is another story), but the pandemic hit and then primers were nowhere to be found. Since I discovered this forum, now I'm beginning to geek out over this stuff. I'm looking forward to mirroring your testing that you outlined above with some test lots of different ammos to see what this barrel likes, starting at 50 yards, then pushing it out.

I'll check out Accurate Shooter. Looks like good stuff. I'm a big fan of Ultimate Reloader on YouTube too.

I might scrounge eBay for a used Manfrotto tripod because I heard the Caldwell one is light duty and we wouldn't want wind to break a new toy out of the box.