Quote Originally Posted by Newtosavage View Post
While I would agree with you to some degree, Talley doesn't recommend thread locker on their integral base/rings and I quit using it years ago without issue. The proper torque is the key. Everyone should own a $40 Wheeler torque driver for that reason.
But these aren't Talley rings on the OP's rifle. And some manufacturers and other industry gurus DO recommend using a locker, including Weaver, which is probably what his rings are.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009240379

I agree some of the higher tolerance/quality stuff can generally be torqued and left alone. But the OP is talking about buying the cheap stuff and not having the money to buy the good stuff. If you don't think the anti-vibe products have a place here, then that's your opinion, just do the OP a favor and don't mislead him into thinking they won't help; or, that the Weaver scope is gonna fail on the first box of ammo. That won't help him, or the of Savage brand. Seriously, you ever wonder why some people look down on Savages. Help the OP make his stuff work and they won't look have anything to look down upon.

I spent several years doing vibration analysis and remediation for a couple of BIG companies on products that got beat up way worse than this. A lot of went into shake and bake chambers before it ever went into field. You wouldn't believe what some good anti-vibe compound can do for you. They didn't always buy higher priced/tolerance equipment either. Sometimes they just locked the lower quality parts down good and replaced when necessary, which wasn't as often when you used anti-vibe.

Yep, I know a little too ...