Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
That is my preference. I search Gunbroker (mostly), and such- looking for the least expensive Accutrigger. Strip ‘em down, give away the used barrel, stock etc. And have a good Action at a great price.
The accutrigger is nothing special, there are numerous aftermarket triggers that are better and more adjustable. If you find one with the savage 3 screw trigger there is more to work with as far as modification. 30-06 used barrels are a dime a dozen. I had 5 at one point and cut up the best two . I may have one or two that are still salvageable. Look for a caliber with a barrel that is easy to resell. Any 6.5 caliber barrel will usually sell quickly such as 260 or 6.5 creedmoor
The savage accustock with the full aluminum bedding block is a good stock and will sell fast also. The adjustable accustock is also a good feature and can bring in a few extra bucks to offset your purchase price. The savage package deals usually have a substandard scope with little value except for a sparefor those who keep such things.