Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie01 View Post
I don't have the Precision, just the FV, but I want to advise that you follow J's advice and dis-assemble the bolt. Mine had many tiny pieces of metal shavings AND the grease inside was very 'gummy'. I thoroughly cleaned all parts, re-lubed with synthetic grease AND rounded off the 'notch' that the cocking piece rotates thru. Miles Sun has a YT vid on this issue, where the cocking piece will become very worn due to the 'sharp edges' of the bolt body and that notch. I also 'broke' the edge of the receiver where the bolt locks into when in battery. That too was a sharp edge. I'd rather spend the time 'fixing' these thing than have a warranty claim where S wants you to send the rifle to them.
BTW there are 'bolt-on' enlarged bolt knobs avail from several vendors, on amazon search "Bolt knob for rifles". The handle doesn't look easily removed, tho you could cut then thread to add your choice.
YMMV
Good luck
Ed
Thanks for the tip. I have already disassembled and taken care of the sharp corner problem. I had looked at the handles that clamp on, but its difficult to tell which ones may or may not fit. I will probably go the route of machining the current knob into a thread to accept an aftermarket screw-on type .