Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
I have seen many guys get out of shooting due to the rising costs. If you sell your guns and buy a fishing rod and reel you may visit fishing forums or just spend more time on the water.
Well i already have all the very good guns i will ever need R/H at least for the things that interest me.
And i have enough powder bullets and primers to last my grand sons for their lifetime for hunting and practice shooting.
Ditto with fishing rods and lures, plus several very nice boats.
And since ive chosen to retire where i did, i also get to spend considerable time on the water.
Life is about choices you know, at least for the most part.
I do spent much of my time on the internet as well, and im very aware of its potential.
My son for example has a very large cabinet building shop right here where i live.
He has at least 20 different expensive machines in that shop for producing the work he does.
He does all the maintenance on those machines, and thanks to the internet and his I phone he can pull up everyhing he needs in order to do that.
Ive also been involved with Loran and now GPS since the days both were created.
There is one thing lost on much of this however, learning how to do something on the internet is one thing, but actually doing it is quite another.
And therein lies much of the problem in the world we live in today.
Weve become an internet educated society, with zero real world experience to a very large degree.
And if that pisses you off by having me say that Dave, sorry, but its simply the way it is.
And Dave if anyone on this site is guilty of discrediting people especially if their opinions vary from yours i might just be you.