Dave,

I also have a love affair with my Savage bolt actions.
I bought my first Savage .308 10 FP in 2008.
It shot great right out of the box and it shot so well that 4 of my range buddies bought their own Savages and had the same results.

I am now on my 7th Savage.
Two .308s, three 6.5mm CMs, one .223, one .22.250. They all average under 0.45 inches with 5 round groups at 100 yards.
The best averages under 0.295 for over 700 groups, four average under 0.400 inches, and the two .308s average under 0.440 inches both for over 500 groups.
The best rifle has its top 25 loads averaging under 0.250 inches. Three of the rifles have their top 25 load averages under 0.285 inches and the other two have their top 25 loads averaging under 0.360 inches. The average group sizes are just about in line with the calibers.
I admit that I just don't handle the .308s as well as the .223s and 6.5mm CMs.
Everyone of the Savages shot great right out of the box and all but one still do.

I also am a big fan of the Accu-triggers.
Six of the Savages have Target/Varmint triggers - all set at 2 lbs.
I have one 12 LRP that came with the Precision Target Trigger (red blade).during the same session, I messed up with whatever I shot second.
I adjusted the precision trigger so it didn't feel all that different from the others (1.2 lbs was the lightest I could get away with) and the problem of shooting it with another rifle went away.

I replaced the barrel in my first .308 Savage after 6,500 rounds.
The barrel was replaced by Savage and I had them put a fluted match barrel in it to replace the original factory standard bull barrel.
The new version shot better than the original version when I got it back with the new barrel.

Compare that to my Remington 700 which I bought because of the reputation of the Remington action.
The action was great but the rifle as a whole didn't live up to my accuracy expectations when I bought it new.
It took a new trigger and a new stock to get it to shoot accurately but it never shot as well as my Savages.
I also have a Model 70 and two CZs and they shoot well but not as well as the Savages.
That's why my last 5 rifles were all Savages and my next one will be too.