I have the same rifle, and it’s amazing. Definitely more accurate than I am. The Axis II Precision rifles are mounted in a chassis system, so a bipod is something I would definitely invest in. I got a 2 piece one that fits the Mlok slots on the handguard. I forget the brand, but I think it’s a UTG. Doesn’t swivel, but that’s not something I needed it to do. I think it was $50 or so. With factory Hornady Black ammo, it shoots sub-MOA all day. With my hand loads, I can get 3 shot groups between .25” and .50”. As for muzzle breaks, you don’t really “need” one, 6.5 creedmoor doesn’t recoil much, but I put one on mine, and it helps keep me on target better, after taking a shot. If it comes with a scope and rings, you’re pretty much set. Get some ammo, and send it! I put a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24X50 in an Aero ultralight mount, on top of mine, and it’s functioned great. I zero’d it on paper at 100 yards, and then moved over to 200 to check my hold over. It was dead on, so I went to the 300 yard and then the 500 yard range, and rang steel on the first shot each time. I love my old wood stock rifles with nice checkering, but the MDT chasis system on the Savage Axis II Precision, has me thinking that I need to get one in .270 and 30.06 too, and retire my old Savage 110 and Remington 721!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk