Thread: Oryx CAN be milled out to accept 3.85 CIP Magazine. Its beautiful 110FCP 300PRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    Dave.....Get a SIG and pitch that Glock. I still carry my 1911 but lately the Compact in 45acp.

As for the barrel discussion ?? I can't trust the OEM barrels for my shooting. I prefer to start with
    a fresh blank
    Sigs are nice. I serviced about every Sig model in existence during 2008-2010. But actually I don’t carry either. Well, technically it’s not. I carry a P80 I built myself. And of course I still love the 1911. Especially building them! But I don’t carry hammer fired period. Modern polymer frames pistils in striker fire config. No hammer, no single/double action nonsense & no thumb safety. (Aka: the Tex Grebner special) They are smaller, lighter & carry more. But I’ll always have & love shooting the 1911. The last one I built was the first gun I built after being disabled.

I do agree on barrel. I prefer starting with just a bare Action. Was just pointing point your statement wasn’t attacking, but rather simply asking what barrel it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Sigs are nice. I serviced about every Sig model in existence during 2008-2010. But actually I don’t carry either. Well, technically it’s not. I carry a P80 I built myself. And of course I still love the 1911. Especially building them! But I don’t carry hammer fired period. Modern polymer frames pistils in striker fire config. No hammer, no single/double action nonsense & no thumb safety. (Aka: the Tex Grebner special) They are smaller, lighter & carry more. But I’ll always have & love shooting the 1911. The last one I built was the first gun I built after being disabled.

I do agree on barrel. I prefer starting with just a bare Action. Was just pointing point your statement wasn’t attacking, but rather simply asking what barrel it is.
    i didn't assume it was an attack, its a pretty fair question and i fully understand why a custom barrel maker has a much higher probability of making an awesome barrel vs basically a cookie cutter barrel. Its just the OEM barrel checks all the boxes of what i wanted IF ITS A SHOOTER AS WELL lol. That said, i did start this with a $1400 OEM rifle. I cannot get this action otherwise. Its a factory trued action and more ridged than a standard 110 action. So for that price, i figured id at least try the barrel.

As for carry, i 100% carry
    Ill be the boring guy here because i know from first hand experience, if you ever use it, you will likely never see it again. 10+ years later after all court cases closed, I've yet to see my HK P30 again. That being said, i now full time carry a very old, Beretta 92S NOT FS just S. It was an Italian police trade in, imported into the US. Cost me a grand total of $300. You can not find a pistol in that price range to match the reliability and build quality. Also i don't want a $1000+ pistol to end up looking as sad as this beretta from holster wear, or be taken from me forever because i actually needed to use it.