Quote Originally Posted by Newtosavage View Post
I hand loaded for my 7.62x39's for years and was able to produce some incredibly accurate and lethal rounds with my handloads.

It's a great cartridge to reload for. It's the parent cartridge for one of the most accurate cartridges ever created and loaded correctly in a good rifle, the 7.62x39 is a VERY accurate round.

Sure, any cartridge hand loaded is capable of being accurate. That is the beauty of hand loading. Just some very simple case prep & attention will produce more accurate ammunition than any of the mass produced stuff off the shelf. The problem as I see it, with 7.62x39 is the bullet selection is left wanting. The .311” bullets just don’t offer the Ultra High BC availability of the .308” counterpart.

I’m sorry, off the top of my head, I’m not sure what cartridge you are referring to which uses the the x39 as a Parent Case? But I would bet money it’s something using the super high BC 6mm or 6.5mm bullets? I’m hoping you’re not alluding to the 6.5 Grendel? Or perhaps the PPC? Actually, both use the 220 Russian as their parent case.....but, yes the 220 Russian ultimately is parent cased bu the 7.62x39. LOL!