Quote Originally Posted by gpa357
There certainly are loads that can get you there as said, but at that distance it comes down to the shooter more so than the load. Making a shot at that distance is a pretty tall order. Don't get me wrong, there are people who can make that shot(certainly not me) but you better be committed to some serious range time. But even if you make the shot at the range you will contend with different circumstances in the field, weather conditions, maybe stronger winds, no shooting bench and sand bags to shoot from. IMO it takes a very special and talented shooter to make a 300yd shot on an animal with a stock Savage. Just my two cents. Enjoy your new Gun and have fun. :)
I JUST GOT A SAVAGE ML2 THE POWDER THEY SAY TO USE IS HARD TO GET HERE BUT I TRYED 41GRS 4198 WITH A GREEN SABOT AND A300GR SERRIA BULLET AT 210 YARDS AT A TARGET WITH A TURKEY ON IT I HADE A SCOPE WITH MILDOTS I USED THE 2 DOT BELOW THE CROSEHIER AND HIT THE TURKEYS HEAD TO TIMES SHOOTS GOOD AT 100 YARDS ALLSO BUT I AM JUST LERNING