CFJunkie, Hamilton*** and I have all used the 77gn SMK's in the Savage 1-9 twist barrels with excellent results. For me they are good for 1/2MOA or so at 200yd. Just for grins I shot mine at 1000yd and got a 18in group in a slight breeze (5mph maybe). I like to shoot a 5" plate at 600yd or soda cans at 400yd. Good practice for shooting in the wind. I load them with 23.5gn of Varget and 2.280oal for a vel of 2850fps. I don't do anything with the cases. Just load and shoot. I do use Lapua cases simply because I get a ton more reloads with them before they give out. My current batch have had 16 reloads and are just now beginning to show some loose primer pockets. They have never needed trimming either.

The SMK's are a little more expensive, but, they do better for me at range than the 69gn SMK's. CFJ likes the tipped match kings better but they cost even more.

My Axis is approaching 4000 rounds and shoots as well as it ever did. I kinda slowed down shooting it due to the shortage of components but things are starting to look up. Got a lb of 4166 the other day. So, will start taking it to the range more often again.