Very wise advice, sounds to me you've been to a match or two or a hundred.

I always buy a considerable amount of spare mags for all of my mag fed firearms for a rather large and varied number of reasons, not the least of which is gun makers tend to give little to no warning they have stopped producing them and Tikka mags are among the most costly as it is. And mags can get lost or ruined as well and the Tikka T1X is not any where near as common a 22lr rifle as say a CZ or Savage is and mags for it and this is strictly my opinion, would likely become rare very quickly if ever it goes out of production leaving those in need of one at the mercy of action sights like Ebay that currently are demanding 2-2.5x the original price for 10 round CZ 455/457 magazines. Also the fact I could only find mags for the T1X in two places besides Tikka's WS gave me the impression (possibly wrong but possibly not) Tikka T1X mags aren't all that easy to come buy at least not right now they aren't so I erred on the side of caution. I can not imagine owning a magazine fed rifle and having only 1 or 2 mags and unable to find any more to buy.

I also saw absolutely all of the shooters at the 22lr shoot I was at held at my rifle club who had magazine fed 22 rifles had at least 5 loaded mags on the bench with them, so I figured couldn't hurt to do the same. Also when I go to my range if at all possible I go all day long. It is the norm for me to shoot at least 3 or 4 different CF/HP rifles including my AR's and bolt guns and even if the days temps will stay below 60* will bring along my inline ML's including my Savage 10ML-II and launch a bunch of 245-250 grain all copper ML bullets at a MV of 2850fps and 15-20 290-325grain ML bullets at a MV of 2450-2500fps. And rare is a range visit where i don't burn through 200-300 rounds out of my P320's and Shield as well as 500 22lr out of my H&K 416D's. So yeah mags see heavy heavy use by me.

Again thanks for sharing your experienced based knowledge with a novice such as myself.