Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
Mr Sneerdly, I would be ecstatic with .5 MOA! I'll be happy with 1". I got the rifle home today, And the stock at the tip can be pushed to contact the barrel with one finger. Shooting off of sticks or with a sling for support is not going to add anything. On the good side the trigger is not horrible [ 5 lbs ish] No side play, not much creep. So a return spring and an over travel stop may be all it needs. [ trigger wise]
Boyds is back ordered on the two stocks I like. Feather Weight Thumbhole or the Thumbhole AT 1. The only reason I hesitate on the Featherweight is trying to make a shot left handed will be difficult. But I like its look and feel. [ I have one thats close on a 22 Marlin.] DR
You might consider putting something in the fore end of the stock to stiffen it. I put Rockite in mine and it helped. Some go so far as to put some small aluminum or fiberglass rods lengthwise in the stock to stiffen it also but I don't think this is really needed. On the trigger, if you can find a varmint spring for the 110 models it makes a huge difference. On the 110s they say it goes to 1 1/2# but I guess the Axis trigger is made a little differently and mine is below 1#. I've never really had a high dollar trigger to compare it to but it is plenty good enough for me and an improvement over what came. I think it is a waste of money to spend extra on the Axis II just to get the trigger since it is still too heavy on the lowest setting and needs work to make it what I consider acceptable..